We all go through challenges and issues in our lives, whether that be in relationships, work, family or something from our past. Our experienced counsellors can help you with support and strategies to overcome the obstacles that life throws at you.
Are you looking for ways to communicate with others in the most effective way that is respectful for all?
This course will provide insight into your communication styles in different situations and introduce new skills to enhance your communication techniques and increase your confidence in having difficult conversations. Learn how to:
- Invite others into a discussion.
- Respond to others in a respectful way without compromising your values and beliefs
- Say 'no
- Ask for what you need.
- Reduce conflict
Relationships Australia Alice Springs Office
Make a Booking
This course is offered at different times during the year and can also be tailored for particular client groups upon request. Please contact our office for further information and/or to register your interest.
Our post-separation co-operative parenting program supports families to deal with the stress of separation. It helps parents to focus on the needs of their children and can assist in reducing the impact of separation on children.
Through this program parents are able to access the following services:
- Parenting education seminars and workshops;
- Counselling services; and
- New Ways coaching for parents accessing our Family Dispute Resolution Services
These services are designed to assist separated parents to build a stronger parenting relationship and can help parents to:
- adapt positive ways of parenting and to communicate more effectively with their ex-partners.
- prepare for family dispute resolution; and
- develop strategies to achieve effective child-focused parenting arrangements.
A culturally appropriate parenting education program. Our Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Cultural Advisors run the 3-hour group program.
The group environment lets participants have the opportunity to share experiences with others. It supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander parents (and extended family members) to gain an understanding of the importance of ending the conflict in their relationships. This program opens discussions with participants around ways to allow children to grow up safe, healthy, happy and strong.
This program covers the following topics:
- The importance of looking after yourself in healthy ways
- The wider impact of family breakdown
- Ways to communicate with family
- Setting goals for healthy parenting for a better future.